2017 New Year, new ME
I want to start with saying, Happy New Year 2017!!!
So much comes to mind when I think of all I want for this new year. So many goals to tackle and get accomplished. So many dreams and hopes in my heart that I want to see grow.
I just don't want another year to fly by. I want each one of the 365 days this year to count, to impact lives around me, and to better myself in all areas of my life.
Here are my personal goals and dreams for this year:
- Be an awesome "boy mom" for my boys. God knew what He was doing when he blessed me with three sons. I'm completely honored and freaked out. I want to raise these boys to be amazing men of God, to be strong, and courageous in this world full of attacks and uncertainties. I want to really tune in to their personal needs. I want to learn their love languages and start pouring into their love tanks. I just don't want to fail them (oops, mom guilt). I want to be a Proverbs 31 woman and Proverbs 31 mom. To be clothed in strength and dignity, not fear the future, speak with wisdom, and to give instruction with kindness. So that at the end of the day my boys will call me blessed.
- Be an amazing help mate for my husband. I've read countless "to be a better wife" books and in doing so I have learned that not only do I need to work on myself to be a better wife but I also need to help my husband be a better husband. I have not been the helper or friend my husband needed to be the best he can be. I constantly pointed out things he should change about himself and drilled, "love me like Christ loves the church" once too many times. I missed something so simple; which is to be HIS. It's time to start dating my husband and using my gift of talking to encourage him instead of breaking him down.
- Spend more time with the Lord in devotion. I tried waking up early to give my first hour to the Lord, but with the baby waking up every 2 hours, I just cant. I'm a walking zombie most days as it is. Without coffee I might bite someone's head of(I need sleep). My down fall is the TV series I stream from Netflix. I put the kids to bed and spend hours watching some show that is a complete waste of my time. It does me no good and I learn absolutely nothing. Seriously, it's hours down the drain. I want to give that time to the Lord and to grow as a person in some area of my life.
- Read more books. I'll be posting my 2017 book list this week. As I read, I'll do a little book review and add onto the post.
- To buy a house. Not just rent, but to own our house this year. A house with some land that I can plant veggies and fruit trees, a chicken coop, a big tree for a tire swing, and a front porch is a must. My son has other requests when praying for a house that includes zip lines, pool, and dirt bike paths. We'll just stick to veggie gardens and a tire swing for now. Why the haste to buy? Well, we have been given a 30 day notice to move out of the house we are now in because the owners (my aunt) have sold their house and are moving back into the house we are renting.
- I WANT TO LOOSE THE BABY WIEGHT. This is a bit of a struggle for me because I do not love to workout and cardio is torture for me. I have a major sweet-tooth as well - not good. Sigh... I am so so very tired of living in legging, I miss jeans, and dresses.
- Cut down sugar and gluten. I want to find ways to bake all those Russian desserts that I love with less sugar and make them GF. But this year I really want to tune in a bit more to what my family is consuming and educate us on the effects some of the foods have on our bodies.
- My paintings. I aim to paint again his year. My goal is to deal with my insecurities and reach out to coffee shops and galleries and sell my pieces. This goal includes time management as well, because I just get so tired by the end of the night and have nothing to give to a canvas.
- Take an actual Vacation. We need a vacation with a passion (but, a house comes first....I'll still keep this one up) sigh.
- Find a 1960's credenza. Yes. I need one in my life. I've been searching Craigslist, Offer up, Salvation Army, and garage sales for a year now. Vintage/modern is the look I'm going for. I just have one in mind and I need to find it. It will be perfect for that house we will buy this year - just sayin.
I'm sure I have more. But, I really want to allow the Lord to guide me this year. I want HIS plan to be evident this year. I chose a 2017 Bible verse for my family, it's Jeremiah 29:11. This verse has been on my heart for a few months and has helped me out at times of complete darkness and discouragement. This past 2016 year I have learned to use the Word of the Lord to fight back darkness, to fight anxiety, and stress. Don't get me wrong, I get attacked from every side and I feel like I'm drowning, often. Instead of yelling at the Lord and blaming Him for allowing crazy in my life, I fight back. It's a spiritual world we live in, so put on the armor of the Lord and stand firm. I also took time this year to approach God as my Father. My father who gives good gifts and wants to give me hope and future, who's plans are not to harm me but to prosper me.
So ask BIG, Dream BIG things this year, and just wait for what He has planned for you.