Flu, Go Away...Tips to shorten the duration and not pass it along to the kids
On Tuesday I woke up with aches in all my joints, and by noon I was knocked out with the flu. But how do I home school, nurse the youngest, make dinner, and keep the house clean with the flu? I mean, I was out of commission. Completely useless. lol I really had no clue the extent of it because I had never had the flu before. First sign of the flu was the aches, chills, fever and sore throat. Yeah, we pushed pause on life and just took it easy.
My husband came home early and brought pizza for dinner. I was burning up from fever and the worst was a developing sore throat. You guys, this was all happening so fast! The next morning I could hardly swallow and cried from pain. wanted to rip my throat out, as I was hacking up my lungs! I hurried up and made a concoction of Manuka honey, Frankincense and Ginger essential oils and swallowed that. Took that every few hours, nights especially.
So, this post is just to write down what I did to help kick the flu's butt, get rid of it faster, and not spread it to the littles, my husband, or any one I come in contact with.
- Vitamins: I was on top of my vitamins (I take Doterra's Vitamins I take click here ), Probiotics, Vitamin C, Doterra's DDR Prime, Counter Attack Immune Support, and Vitamin D. Daily.
- Hydrate! I drank water with lemon essential oils, and Gypsy Cold Care tea with ginger and honey.
- Tinctures: Deep Lung/ Bronchial support, Echinacea and Goldenseal
- Homeopathic Meds: Umcka, Cold and Flu
- Essential oils: Oregano on the bottom of my feet every 5 min for 30 min, once a day for the first two days. Diffused "Purify". Digest Zen on the bridge of my nose.
- Prevention for the boys and my husband: I had Vlad take a dose of Umcka every day for three days, and Counter Attack Immune supplement every day, as well as OnGaurd capsules from Doterra. The boys; I put OnGaurd on the bottom of their feet every day and Wellness Herbal Resistance Liquid form. I also gave them their Multi Vitamins, Vitamin D and C, Probiotics, and Cod Liver oil (they hate it, but it's good for them).
- Lots of Bone broth Chicken Noodle Soup
- I'm linking some of the items you can get cheaper on amazon below
As I was decommissioned, the boys watched a lot of movies and built with Legos all day, and gave me the best snuggles, telling me "it's ok, your ok". love my boys.
Now that I'm all good and healthy, laundry is piled high, grocery shopping needs to be done, and a mile long "to do list" is waiting for me for Monday.